Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Intro


So a little about me, Jon and I have been married for 3 ½ years, we started dating in high school. I was 14 and it was 2002, Jon was 16 and a skateboarding rebel. Although it would seem that we feel in love at first sight that isn’t the case, I was with someone else and Jon was just my best friend. I broke up with the guy I was with and Jon kissed me that day. We have been together ever since. Well as most high school romances there were bumps along the way. Jon asked me to marry him after a friend’s wedding in June 2008 and we were married March 7th 2009.

                 I love Jon for many reasons, but mostly it is his ability to cook, keep me calm and make me laugh (usually multiple times a day) he is quiet however he listens and is always the voice of reason while I am….a little more crazy. I am loud, talk really fast and worry about everything, I guess opposites do attract.

                I am starting this blog to really be able to talk about what Jon and I are going through as a couple dealing with Infertility. We have done one IUI and are now moving straight to IVF. We are dealing with MFI and it is a scary emotional roller-coaster sometimes…..ok most of the time.

                We started trying soon after we got married. I was off birth control for a year before we were married. I should have known something wasn’t right at this time, but I chalked it up to being bad timing.  April  2010 I started charting I would temp every day, spend $100’s of dollars on OPKs and pregnancy tests. After our year mark I went to the doctors to start testing. My OBGYN would not go forward until a SA was done. I believe Jon was really hesitant at this time. Had I known what we were going to through or what he was dealing with emotionally, I probably wouldn’t have pushed. As it was it did take months to get him to do the SA when he did his numbers came back high, but the motility was low.

                After these numbers we were referred to a Urologist. I was not really comfortable about going, I felt we were wasting our time. Fast forward 6 months and we still haven’t gone to the Urologist. I asked for a second SA because I thought DH’s numbers could have really changes since he quit smoking. Change they did, but not in a good way. Jon’s number went down significantly and his motility while better was still too low. I figured at this point to switch to a RE and see if we could move on without the Urologist.  This was one of our best decisions. Our doctor straight up told us that we could try an IUI , but with Jon’s numbers we would probably be moving on to IVF. We did our one IUI, Jon’s sample was very low and our doctor told us the chances that we conceived were very low.

                We met up 2 months later and discussed IVF 3 months later our testing is done and I start my first shot tomorrow!
                So that is our story and I will update more on my treatment.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your IVF!

    :)
    Been there, and so far, it's been successful for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I really hope we are sucessful on the first try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog! I just nomiated you for a Liebster award

    ReplyDelete