Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Decisions

I hid my sister in laws pregnancy announcement on FB, is that bad? Oh well. I have been looking at other peoples protocol for their IVF cycles and it seems like they are all moving a hell of a lot faster than I am. I am on Lupron till the 27th and than start stims for about a week/ week and a half. It just seems like time is so slowwwww. I have been doing ok with symptoms from the Lupron, still getting headaches, hot flashes and mood swings. My hot flashes happen at night mostly, but my mood swings and headaches are all day..oh joy. Jon said I need to distance myself from people who are pissing me off lately, I asked him if he thought I was being dramatic, he smartly said no. It really hasn't been that bad, I am no more annoyed with certain people than I was before medication, ok maybe it is escalated a tad.

I recently had a conversation with my grandmother about my IVF. I have not told her anything before now and with good reason. My family on that side are extremely religious, they are Catholic and attend church every Sunday without fail. while I still identify as being Catholic and pray often, there were no questions as to if I should be doing IVF or not, maybe that makes me a bad Christian I don't know. But I figure if God really doesn't want me to have a child he won't grant me one, even if I do IVF. I mean if you believe in God look at it this way, he gave those doctors the knowledge to do things like ART. So anyways I told my gram and I don't think she is very happy about or decision to go through with this. I didn't think about it before and I should. Everyone is going to have an opinion about the process we chose to go through to have children, hell one of my client's daughters told me Jon wasn't father material because of our diagnosis of MFI. Who the f*ck says that?!?! I guess my rant is just that I am perfectly happy with our decision, morally and religiously and I hope other women can feel as content with their decisions what ever they are to start a family.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, just found your blog :). I totally agree with what you said about ART and God. My mother is a devout Catholic and when I told her we were doing IVF I could tell she was not happy. She said there were moral issues surrounding it but did not elaborate. And I haven't heard from her at all this past week while we're cycling which is so disappointing. I can't believe your client's daughter said that to you about MFI!! I'm so sorry you had to hear that.

    ReplyDelete