Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What a effin roller coaster

So I had my ER today, I knew we would have around 7-8 per what the nurse told me on Saturday. We got there and was immediately brought back to the procedure room.  My nurse came in and explained everything to me and told me another nurse would be in to do my IV, I am very scared of IVs. I have only had one before and the woman had such a hard time finding my veins and ended up causing me pain and she bruised the crap out of my arm. Anyways, low and behold they had a hard time finding my veins today too.  it took 2 nurses to finally find a good place for an IV. They put me under and the last thing I remembered was looking at my nurses and doctor while they talked about the election. I woke up to my hubby and one of my nurses sitting next to me. I felt pretty good and didn't really have pain till I started moving around. I got some crackers and water, changed my clothes and I was ready to go. Jon went to give his sample and than within a half an hour after waking up, we were out of there!
After voting we went to my inlaws because Jon's brother came from LA to look at a place he is planning on doing a movie at. I was lounging on the couch for about an hour and the doctor who did the retrieval called. out of the 5 eggs they got NONE of them were mature enough for fertilization. I was floored, angry and just wanted to cry. The doctor did say that they will closely monitor them and there is a possibility they can mature enough to be fertilized. Of course there is a down side, because Jon has anti sperm antibodies, the sample they froze that he gave today may not be good if the eggs do mature enough. I am not too worried about this because it's easy enough to just drive back up and give a fresh sample.

So again a couple of hours later I realized I had missed a call from my nurse. ONE EGG FERTILIZED!! We have at least one at this point and I couldn't be more thrilled. She also said that that one grew in just a couple of hours so there is hope for the other 4 eggs. At this point we are just praying that this roller coaster will stop, my mood has been high and than very low. 

Any extra thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated for our one embie and 4 remaining eggs!

4 comments:

  1. Sending lots of growing thoughts your way!! Fx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for your other 4 but I am so happy for that one rockstar! I really have a good feeling about that one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That means a lot to me!

      Delete