Thursday, May 9, 2013

Lifestyle changes

I am already a pretty healthy eater in the sense that I eat fruits and vegetables a lot. However I do have a real strong addiction to sugar I eat cakes cookies candy and of course my favorite chocolate! I saw a study on YouTube recently that compared sugar addiction to that of heroin or crack. Apparently when you get your "hit" of sugar it triggers the same feel good hormones that the drugs do. I also read in the book Clean Eating for Dummies that sugar really is an addiction that needs to be broken. 
So long story short I started the clean living lifestyle. I've cut out as much processed foods I could and sugars. I bought some organic foods from my local co-op and am trying to go natural or organic. I really think this will help hormone imbalance and maybe my body will produce eggs properly. My body will be cleaner without all the extra chemicals and a plus, I will hopefully drop the 20lbs I have been working on. 

As for the metformin, I had a crappy reaction to it yesterday because of Mac and cheese and chocolate chip cookies. So I figure my clean eating will also help with my reactions so I can stay on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment