Saturday, April 27, 2013

DH's DNA fragmentation test..

When Jon and I went to see the new RE she had us immediatly order a sperm analysis to test Jon's sperm for DNA fragmentation. We were able to order a kit to do at home and the lab would send dry ice that day. So the day comes and my husband does the test right before work. He comes in when he is finished and says he doesn't know if they will get anything because the sample was so small. So I went and looked at it and freaked out! There was like nothing in there! So an hour later I was pain stakingly trying to get every last drop into the vials. I sent it out that day with no hope at all that they would get anything. I posted on the infertility board I frequent and said I was nervous about it. They all made a good point, they don't need much since they aren't looking for numbers just fragmentations.

So fast forward to Friday and I got the call that Jon's sperm is normal!! No fragmentation issues!! This was awesome to hear, it's not often that we get some good news. At this point I am definitley feeling good about our cycle coming up in probably July.

I am currently taking a egg quality "cocktail" the RE that we went to for a second opinion put both Jon and I on CoQ-10 and I did a lot of research on Royal Jelly. Royal Jelly is mixed in bee pollen in the gel I take. I have read great results from different places especially how the ladies had much better mature egg quality which is my problem. Plus if my doctor starts me on Metformin I should be in pretty good shape! I am getting really excited for the next cyle.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are on a positive track! Gosh, what a grueling process, we have been thinking of you guys, but have not asked Q because figured you would share what was comfortable for you

    Hey CoQ-10 is also good for your heart, and royal jelly is supposed to be supportive for a lot of things - bonus :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nice blog by the way - very informative & well written

      Delete