Tuesday, December 11, 2012

I am so ready to be off this rollercoaster..

I am so effin sick of IF, for real. I was all set to go. I was supposed to start Lupron this Friday, Stims on the 29th and ER the week of Jan 7th. But no, why would things be easy for us? our insurance has a lifetime max on our meds. a LIFETIME max. That means that they will never cover our meds again. when does the insurance company and pharmacy figure this out? YESTERDAY!!! and they didn't call me, I had to ride their asses to get my information. The bill? $3,500. After finagling and dropping some things it still came out to $1760. The stimming med Menopur was $58 a vial...I need 16 so yea it adds up.   So I called my nurse up at DART ( the hospital I go to for IF) and she said if I just hold off a month she can start stashing donated meds for me mainly the Menopur. I really don't have a choice so I said yea fine.

However, I have been given a heads up from some very wonderful ladies that I can take donated meds from else where. I am excited because any little bit helps and is less money we will have to pay out of pocket. so fingers crossed things will work out. otherwise I am pushed off again till Feb/March which really sucks cause we are supposed to go away for our anniversary the second week of March. we have been looking forward to this, we really need this time away. But if we are pushed off, treatment would most likely be around the time we are going away. so again FX things work out!!

2 comments:

  1. Aww that sucks! Have you looked into OOP Meds program through the bump for donated meds?? GL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do actually have an awesome woman on the bump helping me out! I also called the pharmacy I like, because I refuse to use freedom pharmacy, and she said I can still get my Lupron through them under insurance because it is not listed as an infertility drug. So I was able to have that taken care of. Now I'm back on track for January!

    ReplyDelete